HOME > About Us > School Ethos > School Rules
As West Viewans, we must always uphold the good name and reputation of our school.
- Be Punctual and Prepared for all school activities.
- Be Neat and Tidy in appearance and work.
- Be Courteous and Respectful to one and all.
- Be Responsible for our words and actions.
- Show Care and Consideration to all.
- Be Self-Disciplined at all times.
1. Be Punctual and Prepared for all school activities.
Reporting Time : 7.25 am
Dismissal Time : 1.45 pm
|Day||Session Begins||Dismissal||Recess Pri 2 & 5||Recess Pri 1 & 4||Recess Pri 3 & 6|
|Monday - Friday||7.45 a.m.||1.45 p.m.||9.15 a.m. -
|9.45 a.m. -
|10.15 a.m. - |
2. Be Neat and Tidy in appearance and work.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and/or PE attire. Modifications to the uniform are NOT allowed.
- Pupils are to adhere strictly to the conditions stipulated with regards to their appearance as West Viewans.
- Shirts are to be buttoned up, leaving the collar unbuttoned. Only school prefects will wear a tie if they wearing the school uniform.
- The hem of the skirt (for girls) must be knee length.
3. Be Courteous and Respectful towards people, properties and the environment.
- Flag-Raising/lowering Ceremony
- Pupils who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge.
- Take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Stand at attention and face the flags when the National Anthem is being sung and the Pledge is being recited.
- Observe the ceremony with solemnity and respect.
- For pupils of other nationalities, stand at attention throughout the ceremony.